Eticup MemorialPrint Page
Memorial is a tribute to the settlers of Eticup and to the aboriginal trackers on whom they depended and the early pioneers. Located outside Mrs D Dennis' fence on the Broomehill/Kojonup Road, the plaque shows the location of the settlement's stores, Inn, blacksmith and houses.
Eticup was the original settlement in the district, and although never formally surveyed as a townsite, consisted during the 1870`s of several stores and a hotel, as well as several dwellings. The completion of the Great Southern Railway in 1889, which bypassed Eticup to the east, saw the demise of Eticup and the corresponding rise of Broomehill as a town.
|Address:||Broomehill-Kojonup Road, Broomehill, 6318|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.828056|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1985|
THIS PLAQUE IS A TRIBUTE to the settlers of Eticup, their wives and their children. It is also a tribute to the Aboriginal trackers on whom the early settlers depended, and to that army of shepherds, shearers, teamsters, and sandalwood cutters who contributed so much but whose names were not recorded.