Jayes Hall MemorialPrint Page
The Memorial marks the site of the Old Jayes Hall, the first public building in the district and the original meeting place for the Upper Blackwood Roads Board. The memorial is also a tribute to the pioneers of the district.
A representative of the State Insurance office visited Boyup Brook recently to assess losses caused to property by the recent fires in the Mayanup area. Damage to Jayes Hall on the Mayanup Bridgetown-road adjacent to the Blackwood River which was to have become a lasting memorial to the pioneers of the district, was assessed. No plans have yet been made about what form a memorial on the site of the hall may take.
The West Australian (Perth), 7th February 1951.
|Address:||Jayes Road, Jayes Crossing, Boyup Brook, 6244|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.913035|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
Destroyed by bushfire 1950
This monument erected on the site, commemorates the first public building, in the Upper Blackwood District, and the early settlement of the District.