Town Corporation MemorialPrint Page
A monument commemorates the 150th Anniversary of the meeting of the Port Adelaide Town Corporation in 1856.
|Address:||North Parade, Car Park near Fishermans Wharf Market, Port Adelaide , 5015|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.844247|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||08-January-1856|
|Actual Event End Date:||08-January-2006|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 8th January, 2006|
At a Public Meeting, held on 8 January 1856 near here, the site of the Ship Inn, North Parade, the first Members of the Corporation of the Town of Port Adelaide were duly elected.
Mayor Captain Edward French
Alderman - David Bower, West Ward; John Smith, East Ward
Councillors - Walter Smith, James Grosse and Edward Gascoyne Collinson, West Ward
Councillors - Alfred France, William Galway, John Cave, East Ward
Town Clerk - William Boykett.
Erected by the City of Port Adelaide Enfield and the Port Adelaide Historical Society to mark the 150th Anniversary of that Meeting.
Unveiled by Deputy Mayor Peter Jamieson on the 8th January 2006