Pioneers MemorialPrint Page
Memorial commemorates the pioneers of Booleroo Centre.
The Hundred of Booleroo was officially proclaimed in 1875 however no town was surveyed at this time. A town site in the hundred was surveyed by the colonial government in 1878, but the early European settlers established the town elsewhere. The hundred's name was derived from a local Aboriginal word. Sources vary on its meaning with suggestions including "plenty" or "soft mud". The town's location in the centre of the Hundred of Booleroo lead to the name Booleroo Centre.
|Address:||Stephens Street, Booleroo Centre, 5482|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.881021|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.