Scott BrothersPrint Page
Commemorates the site of the Scott Brothers` homestead of the Warrnambool East run.
The first of the squatters to occupy land around the future Warracknabeal, were the Scott brothers, who in 1845 moved to a spot on Yarriambiack Creek which they called “Werracknabeal” after the Aboriginal word describing the gum trees shading the watercourse and established their “run” or station.
|Address:||Warracknabeal-Jeparit Road, Warracknabeal, 3393|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.242789|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1845|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1845|
Near this site the Scott Brothers established the first permanent settlement in 1845
To commemorate the arrival of the Scott Bros. in 1845
Unveiled by John Scott.
November 12, 1995