Pioneer ParkPrint Page
Cast iron gas lamppole dedicates the park to pioneers of the Thorpdale district.
First settled in 1873, the township now known as Thorpdale was originally named Thorpdale Railway Station, then proclaimed as the township of Warrington. Within weeks of the opening of the railway from Moe in 1888, the town was renamed Thorpdale, which means "village in a valley".
|Address:||Station Street, Pioneer Park, Thorpdale, 3835|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -38.287494|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1874|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1974|
A Tribute to Thorpdale and District pioneers