Pioneer & Gold Discovery Memorial GatesPrint Page
Entrance gates erected by public subscription were built to commemorate the centenary of discovery of gold in the area in 1855. They also commemorate the pioneers of the area.
The Lord Nelson Quartz Mining Company mined on this site from 1884 to 1915
|Address:||Alma Street, Lord Nelson Park, St Arnaud, 3478|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.613025|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 1st October, 1955|
Lord Nelson Park.
This gateway was built to commemorate the centenary of the discovery of gold in this area in 1855.
The Lord Nelson Quartz Mining Company worked the area 1884-1915. The pioneers of St Arnaud are also commemorated.