Port of GeelongPrint Page
Plaque marks the site of the first Port of Geelong where pioneer squatters landed their stock
|Address:||Point Henry Operations Control Centre, Point Henry, 3220|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -38.131944|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1836|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1836|
|Monument Manufacturer:||Geelong Historical Society|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1951|
Below this headland named Point Henry in 1836 but known to the Aborigines as Maloppio, many pioneer squatters landed their stock.
Here Geelong began and here for more than twenty years the masts of many an ocean-going vessel soared above incoming settlers.
Geelong Historical Society 1951