www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Greensborough Pioneer MemorialPrint Page Print this page

Plaque marks the site of a private family cemetery of the 1850`s and commemorates the pioneers buried there, including members of the Whatmough and Partington families, The memorial was erected during Victoria's 150th anniversary celebrations. 

Location

Address:Lear Court , Plenty River Walk, near aqueduct siphon bridge, Greensborough, 3088
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -37.686326
Long: 145.102699
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1985
Front Inscription
This memorial was erected by the Rotary Club of Greensborough at the request of the Diamond Valley Shire Council and the Nillumbik Historical Society during the year of the 150th anniversary of the State of Victoria. This is the site of the private cemetery and adjacent to the home of some of the districts earliest pioneers. The names of seven buried here are indicated-James, Margaret, Maryann, Benjamin,and Jennie Whatmough, and the children Robert and James Partington. In the year 1985 descendants down to the 5th generation still live in the district.
Source: VMR, RHSV
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design