Liverpool SesquicentenaryPrint Page
Obelisk commemorates the 150th founding of the City of Liverpool which was surveyed on the 7th January 1810 by Governor Macquarie and named after the Earl of Liverpool.
To the western face is attached a granite tablet in the shape of an isosceles trapezium. This lists the makeup of the ‘Liverpool Municipal Council’ in 1960. The monument was unveiled by Sir Eric Winslow Woodward (1899-1967), army officer and Governor 1957-1965. He assumed office as the thirty-first Governor of New South Wales, and the first to have been born in the State.
|Address:||College Street, Bigge Park, Liverpool, 2170|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.921798|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 5th November, 1960|