Lismore Pioneer Memorial Cemetery Print Page
Monument at the front of the cemetery list the names of all those who are buried in unmarked graves .
The area was used as cemetery from a very early period. The first known burial was in 1860, the last in 1948. In 1970 the Richmond River Historical Society and Council relocated headstones to a memorial area and recorded names of other burials on memorial plaques. the area was opened as Memorial Rest Park in 1971. The area is associated with Aboriginal burials (in unmarked graves).
|Address:||2 Nimbin Road, Lismore, 2480|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -28.801468|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1971|