Griffith ProclamationPrint Page
A time capsule was buried in 1971 and is to be opened on the 4th August 2016 on the 100th anniversary of the proclamation of the boundaries of the township of Griffith.
Griffith was established in 1916 as part of the New South Wales State Government's Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area (MIA) project to supply irrigation from the Murrumbidgee river in western New South Wales to be used for farming.
|Address:||Neville Place & Benerembah Street, Griffith Council Office, Griffith, 2680|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.286581|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 28th August, 1971|
BENEATH THIS STONE LIES A TIME CAPSULE
TO BE OPENED ON
THE 4TH DAY OF AUGUST IN THE YEAR 2016
BEING THE 100TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE
PROCLAMATION OF THE BOUNDARIES OF
THE TOWNSHIP OF GRIFFITH
Burued This 28th Day Of August In The Year 1971
LIONS CLUB OF GRIFFITH
WADE SHIRE COUNCIL