Canonba TownshipPrint Page
A plaque commemorates the site of the township of Canonba.
The area was visited by Major Mitchell in 1834 and Canonba became a staging area for Cobb and Co coaches passing to Bourke and beyond. With the coming of the railway to Nyngan in 1883, Canonba ceased to exist.
|Address:||Colane Road, 32 kilometres north of Nyngan , Canonba, 2825|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.313531|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Manufacturer:||Nyngan Historical Society|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1980|