Campbelltown City ProclamationPrint Page
Stone commemorates the proclamation of Campbelltown as a city in 1968.
Campbelltown was founded in 1820, named after Elizabeth Macquarie née Campbell, wife of the then Governor of New South Wales Lachlan Macquarie. Campbelltown Council was originally incorporated in 1882 and Campbelltown was proclaimed a city in 1968.
|Address:||Queen Street, Civic Centre, Campbelltown, 2560|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.063919|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 4th May, 1968|
This Stone Was Unveiled By The
Minister for Local Government & Highways
To Commemorate The Proclamation Of
CAMPBELLTOWN AS A CITY
4th. MAY 1968
C.W.Tregear. H.J.Daley. M.B.E.
Mayor. Town Clerk.