Camden Pioneer Mural Print Page
A mural commemorates the European pioneers of Camden.
The mural, on a stone wall, is made of tiles, and is approximately eleven metres long and 3.5 metres high. It is divided into five panels. The first on the left, surmounted by a rotary wheel, depicts Aboriginal hunting and wheat and mining industries. The second panel is a ram`s head and shepherd`s crook with the date 1797.
The centre panel consists of sheep, wool shed, bales of wool, and sailing ship surmounted by the Camden coat of arms and the date 1795. The fourth panel is a bunch of grapes, shovel and brush hook and the date 1805, when the local wine industry began. The fifth panel depicts grape growing, orcharding, sheep, agriculture, milk industry and wine industry, surmounted by Macarthur`s coat of arms.
|Address:||Menangle Road & Old Hume Highway, Camden, 2570|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.064297|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Byram Mansell|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 16th June, 1962|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1962|
The Camden Pioneer Mural
THE CITIZENS OF CAMDEN
THE ROTARY CLUB OF CAMDEN
ALD G. T. GRIFFITHS, (MAYOR)
On 16th June, 1962.