Migrants MemorialPrint Page
A monument commemorates the migrants who passed through the Bathurst Migrant Centre and recognises their contribution to Australia.
Migrant hostels, also known as immigration dependants’ holding centres, migrant accommodation, migrant reception or training centres or migrant workers’ hostels, were established after World War Two to accommodate displaced persons and assisted migrants.
The largest hostels were at Bonegilla (north-east Victoria) and Bathurst (New South Wales). Bathurst Army Camp was used as a Migrant Reception Centre. Circular cement base with inset circle of sandstone blocks enclosing a flagpole. This flanked by a pair of red brick walls, each with rising arms capped by flat sandstone blocks each forming a M shape when seen from above.
|Address:||624 Limekilns Road , Forest Grove, 2795|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.383089|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1948|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1952|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1985|