Bankstown SettlementPrint Page
Plaque commemorates European settlement of Bankstown which originated with Governor Hunter establishing some marines and naming the area Bankstown in honour of Sir Joseph Banks.
Major George Johnston of the New South Wales Corps, was granted 172 acres on the 16th April 1798 and it was on this site that his first homestead was built and named Georges Hall.
|Address:||Beatty Parade , Garrison Point, Mirambeena Reserve, Georges Hall, 2198|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.909704|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1985|