Alstonville CentenaryPrint Page
A fountain commemorates the centenary of settlement of the Alstonville district.
On the 21st of December 1865 Andrew Freeborn and his brother became Duck Creek Mountain`s (as Alstonville was originally called) first selectors. Andrew became the first person from the area to commercially sell butter in Sydney. It was shipped in wooden kegs to Sydney by ship. He also grew arrowroot. Andrew Freeborn, along with John Barlow, Martin Schmidt, Frank Morrish and G.T. Kemp applied for a school in Alstonville. Alstonville Primary School opened on the 11th of January 1875.
|Address:||Main Road & Daley Street, Alstonville, 2477|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -28.841942|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1865|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1965|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1965|
This memorial was erected to commemorate the centenary of settlement in the Alstonville district by ANDREW FREEBORN in December 1865 AND THOSE WHO FOLLOWED.