www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of Lockhart & Lockhart Central SchoolPrint Page Print this page

01-October-2017
01-October-2017

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown
The CWA Rose Garden was donated by the Lockhart Day and Evening Branches of the Country Women's Association (CWA) to commemorate the centenary of the proclamation of the Lockhart Central School and the Lockhart township in 1897. 

The "Country Woman " Rose was developed by Swaines Nursery to honour the CWA in their 75th Anniversary year which was also in 1997. 

Location

Address:Urana Street & Halliday Street, Walter Day Park, Lockhart, 2656
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -35.222056
Long: 146.713269
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Garden
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement
Approx. Event Start Date:1897
Approx. Event End Date:1997

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Wednesday 18th June, 1997
Front Inscription

"COUNTRY WOMAN" 
C.W.A. ROSE GARDEN

THE "COUNTRY WOMAN" ROSES IN THIS BED WERE DONATED BY THE LOCKHART CWA DAY BRANCH AND THE LOCKHART CWA EVENING BRANCH TO CELEBRATE THE CENTENARY OF THE PROCLAMATION OF THE LOCKHART CENTRAL SCHOOL AND LOCKHART TOWNSHIP.

THE 'COUNTRY WOMAN' ROSE WAS DEVELOPED BY SWAINES NURSERY TO HONOUR THE CWA IN THEIR 75TH ANNIVERSARY YEAR , 1997

THE PLANTING OF THESES ROSES WAS UNDERTAKEN THIS DAY 18TH JUNE, 1997 BY THE FOLLOWING
Mrs J Kemp            CWA State President
Mrs J Morrison        CWA Riverina Group President 
Mrs C Gowland 
     CWA Lockhart Day Branch President
Mrs K Smith             CWA Lockhart Evening Branch President
Cr RJ Yates OAM    Mayor Lockhart Shire Council 



 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design