150th Anniversary of the Naming of Campbell TownPrint Page
A monument commemorates the 150th anniversary of the naming of Campbell Town in May 1821 by Lachlan Macquarie, the Governor of New South Wales.
|Address:||Midland Highway, Campbell Town Showgrounds, Campbell Town, 7210|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -41.925166|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||31-May-1821|
|Actual Event End Date:||31-May-1971|
"To commemorate the 150th anniversary of the naming of Campbell Town by Colonel Lachlan Macquarie, the Governor of New South Wales, in honour of his wife`s maiden name on the 31st May, 1821."
Unveiled by Sir Stanley Burbury, K.B.D., Chief Justice of Tasmania.