www.monumentaustralia.org.au

First Crown Grants of Land Print Page Print this page

10-January-2015
10-January-2015

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown

Plaque commemorates the granting of land to Gilbert Baker and Richard Cheers in 1810, the first Crown Grants of Land in Manly.

The plaque was erected in 2008 to replace the original plaque erected by the Pittwater Historical Society in 1960. 

Location

Address:Marine Parade, Walkway between Manly Surf Club & Cabbage Tree Bay , Manly, 2095
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.799432
Long: 151.292103
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement
Actual Event STart Date:January-1810

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:2008
Front Inscription
This plaque commemorates the
granting of 300 acres to Gilbert Baker 
and 100 acres to Richard Cheers in 
January 1810 - being the first Crown 
Grants of land at Manly. 

Erected by the Manly Council in 2008 to replace 
the original plaque by Manly Warringah &
Pittwater Historical Society in 1960.

MANLY COUNCIL

 
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design