Australian BicentenaryPrint Page
The St Clement`s Change- Ringing bells were restored by the parishioners of Yass and the New South Wales Bicentennial Council to commemorate the bicentenary of the arrival of the First Fleet in Australia.
The Bicentenary marked the 200th anniversary of the arrival of the First Fleet in Sydney in 1788. Captain Arthur Phillip (1738–1814), commander of the First Fleet, established the foundations of a British colony at Sydney Cove on the 26 January 1788.
|Address:||Church & Rossi Street, St Clement`s Anglican Church, Yass , 2582|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.839232|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1788|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1988|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1988|
St. Clement`s Anglican Church Restoration of Change-Ringing Bells
An Australian Bicentennial Project with financial assistance from the N.S.W. Bicentennial Council and the Parishioners of Yass to commemorate the Nation's Bicentenary in 1988