www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Boggabri Town ClockPrint Page Print this page

Boggabri Town Clock : 14-August-2014
Boggabri Town Clock : 14-August-2014

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown
The Boggabri Town Clock was erected to commemorate the bicentenary of Australia in 1988.

The bicentenary of Australia was celebrated in 1988. It marked 200 years since the arrival of the First Fleet of British convict ships at Sydney in 1788. 1988 is considered the official bicentenary year of the founding of Australia.

Location

Address:Merton Street, Boggabri, 2832
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -30.704666
Long: 150.043898
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Clock
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement
Monument Manufacturer:Mr D.B.McDonald (builder)

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 27th August, 1988
Front Inscription

(Plaque 1)

             1788-1988
BOGGABRI TOWN CLOCK
                  A
BICENTENNIAL PROJECT
         FUNDED BY THE
AUSTRALIAN BICENTENNIAL AUTHORITY
AND THE NARRABRI SHIRE COUNCIL

(Plaque 2)
UNVEILED ON 27-8-1988
BY MRS.M.W.MCDONALD
PRES. OF BICENTENNIAL COMMITTEE

BUILDER MR.D.B.MCDONALD

R.H.C.PANTON      C.G.COTTON
SHIRE PRES.         SHIRE CLERK


 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design