Sesquicentenary ParkPrint Page
Heathcote was originally known as Bottle Forest. There were fourteen town allotments in Bottle Forest in 1842, in what is now Heathcote East. In 1835 Surveyor-General Sir Thomas Mitchell (1792–1855) conducted a survey of the area and named it Heathcote, in honour of an officer who had fought with him during the Peninsula Wars against Napoleon.
|Address:||Bottle Forest Road, Heathcote , 2233|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.084135|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1842|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1992|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 31st October, 1992|
THE COUNCIL OF THE SHIRE OF SUTHERLAND
Commemorating Heathcote's first
one hundred and fifty years -
1842 to 1992 -this area was
officially named the
COUNCILLOR IAN SWORDS
31st OCTOBER, 1992
General Manager Shire Council