German Station ParkPrint Page
German Station Park commemorates the first permanent European settlement in Nundah, which was a mission built by German Lutheran missionaries in 1838.
The mission`s aim was to bring Christianity to the local Aboriginal people. The ares was first called "Zion" and later became "German Station". The mission met with limited success and was closed by the colonial government in 1846.
|Address:||Hedley Avenue, Nundah, 4012|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.407447|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
German Station Park
This park honours the memory of the German Mission Station to the local Aborigine tribes, that was established on Zion Hill opposite this park in 1838, being the first free European settlement in Queensland.
For over 40 years the district was known as the German Station after the mission closed, the name being changed to Nundah in 1882. Many of the original missionaries, and pioneer families now rest in the historic cemetery nearby.