www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Kyvalley Pioneer Garden Print Page Print this page

Kyvalley Pioneer Garden : 22-04-2014
Kyvalley Pioneer Garden : 22-04-2014

Photographs supplied by Sandra brown
The Kyvalley Pioneer Garden was established with funding provided by the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments and the Deakin Shire Council to commemorate the bicentenary of Australia in 1988. The Australian Bicentennial Authority (ABA) was set up to plan, fund and coordinate projects that emphasized the nation's cultural heritage.

The bicentenary of Australia was celebrated in 1988. It marked 200 years since the arrival of the First Fleet of British convict ships at Sydney in 1788. 1988 is considered the official bicentenary year of the founding of Australia.

Location

Address:534 Sinclair Road, Kyvalley Hall , Kyvalley, 3621
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -36.283877
Long: 145.006043
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Garden
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement
Approx. Event Start Date:1788
Approx. Event End Date:1988

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1988
Front Inscription
          Australia
          1788-1988

      Pioneer Garden
Kyvalley Historical Milestones
1840 - Part of the original Wyuna Run
    1870 - Area selected
 Sheep and Wheat Farming
1887 - School Opned - Railway Constructed
Originally named Tongala South
1911 - Closer Settlement commenced -
Irrigated, Dairying & Fruit
1914 - Tennis Club Opened
1914 - District named changed to Kyvalley
1926 - Public Hall Opened
1933 to 1976 - Presbyterian Church
Funding for thid project provided by the
Commonwealth & Victorian Governments &
Deakin Shire Council
Plaque unveiled by Bruce Pearl,
Shire Secretary 1958 -1988





 
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design