Kenilworth ParkPrint Page
Richard Smith tendered to set up the first cattle run on the east bank of the Mary River in 1850. At the time Mrs Smith was reading Sir Walter Scott's novel "Kenilworth" and she decided to name the property after the novel. The town was surveyed and split off Kenilworth Station in 1921 and took the name of the Station. During the second half of the 19th Century, the Smiths took up more land.
|Address:||5 Elizabeth Street, Kenilworth Park, Kenilworth, 4574|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -26.59644|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 30th November, 1957|
This Park Is Dedicated To
Perpetuate The Memory
Early Pioneers, First Settlement In
The District 1850
Officially opened by
Cr. DAVID A LOW, M.L.A.
Maroochy Shire Council
30th November 1957
A. L. Smith