Lutheran PioneersPrint Page Print this page


Photographs supplied by Bryan Cole

A garden commemorates the Lutheran pioneers who left the Province of Brandenburg in Prussia and who arrived on the ships "Prince George" and "Bengalee".



Address:75 Murray Street, Tanunda, 5352
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.525446
Long: 138.958671
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Garden
Monument Theme:Landscape
Approx. Event Start Date:November-1838


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 27th November, 1988
Front Inscription

In memory of the Lutheran pioneers who arrived in South Australia on the ships "Prince George" and "Bengalee" in November 1838.

This garden was opened on the 150th anniversary by His Worship the Mayor of Tanunda Maurice Wallent Esq. JP on November 27th 1988.

The following are the family names of these pioneers who left the Province of Brandenburg in Prussia for the sake of thier Christian faith for which they had been persecuted.

[ Names ]

"Come to him, to that living stone, rejected by men but in God`s sight chosen and precious:" 1 Peter 2

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design