Kulyaling PioneersPrint Page
A railway siding named Westbrook was the origin of the town. The siding was established in 1905 and then the local progress association petitioned for a townsite to be declared. The townsite was gazetted in 1906 as Westbrook but the Lands Department sought to change the name as Westbrook was already in use. Two Aboriginal names were considered; Nimbedilling and Colyalling. The name was changed and the town was gazetted in 1907.
The name of the town comes from the Aboriginal name for a local water source and rock formation but the meaning is unknown.
|Address:||Kulyalling Road, Picnic Area , Kulyaling, 6306|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.460162|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
IS IN HONOUR OF
ALL PIONEERS OF KULYALING
WHO CAME TO THE DISTRICT
FROM 1889 ONWARDS
AND IS ERECTED ON
THE SITE OF THE OLD SCHOOL
WHICH SERVED THE AREA