Bicentennial Commemorative Plaque - ArchinaPrint Page
Plaque commemorates the bicentenary of Australia and details the history of Archina.
1988 is considered the official bicentenary year of the founding of Australia. It is the bicentennial year of Captain Arthur Phillip's arrival with the 11 ships of the First Fleet in Sydney Harbour in 1788, and the founding of the city of Sydney and the colony of New South Wales.
|Address:||49 Avoca Street, Randwick, 2031|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.909446|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1788|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1988|
|Monument Designer:||Arrow Engraving and Foundry Company|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1988|
1788 – 1988
Built c.1907. In January 1924 Wing Commander L.T. Wackett, D.F.C., A.F.C. established first Royal Australian Airforce Experimental Station at site. Wackett's world class amphibious biplanes 'Widgeon' produced on site. Ceased operations c. 1930.
Plaque funded by the Australian Bicentennial Authority and Randwick Municipal Council.