150 Years of British SettlementPrint Page
The entrance gates to Falls Park were erected to commemorate 150 years of British settlement in Tasmania since 1803.
|Address:||1 Logan Road, Falls Park, Evandale, 7212|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -41.571016|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1803|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1953|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1953|
The 1953 entrance gates were erected by Evandale Municipal Council and the Evandale Agricultural Society to commemorate 150 years since British settlement in Tasmania
The gates were relocated and the original turnstile replaced by the 2003 gate donated by the John Glover Society Inc. to recognise Tasmania`s Bi-centenary
Officially opened on the 7th September 2003 by Mr David Von Steiglitz OAM