Gisborne Pioneer ParkPrint Page
A park commemorates the work of early district pioneers . The Pioneer Wall contains plaques of people who were residents of the district prior to 1918. The Gisborne Pioneer Park was officially opened on Australia Day 1997, with the unveiling of the inaugural plaques.
During 1996, the Gisborne and Mount Macedon Districts Historical Society created Gisborne Pioneer Park, adjacent to the Court House, by securing Government funding and Local Government support, to provide work for unemployed youth of the district. This project included the laying of paving stones from a former heritage site, the building of a thirty three metre long bluestone wall, landscaping of the area and the completion of restoration of the bluestone lockup, the brick stables and the privy.
|Address:||Aitken Street, Gardiner Reserve, Gisborne, 3437|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.4877|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 26th January, 1997|
WAS CREATED FOR THE COMMUNITY BY GISBORNE & MOUNT MACEDON DISTRICTS HISTORICAL SOCIEY INC. AND WAS OFFICIALLY OPENED ON AUSTRALIA DAY JANUARY 26TH, 1997
Committee of Management
Dieter Witowski (Supervisor)
Joe Beaumont (President) Phyllis Boyd (Secretary)
Ian Boyd Don Cameron
Bob Kimmins Frank Moulds