www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Ceratodus Rail StationPrint Page Print this page

Ceradotus Rail Station : 13-10-2013
Ceradotus Rail Station : 13-10-2013

Photographs supplied by Diane Watson

Ceratodus Rail Station was relocated to its present position as a lasting tribute to the pioneers who built the railway and settled in the North Burnett area. Ceratodus is named after a lung fish which is found in the Burnett River.

Location

Address:Burnett Highway , George Spencer Memorial Rest Area, Ceratodus, 4627
State:QLD
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -25.281807
Long: 151.139224
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 13th September, 1997
Front Inscription

   CERATODUS     RAIL       STATION
   ESTABLISHED 1924         RELOCATED 1997   

            WE RELOCATED THIS BUILDING   
         FOR IT TO BE A LASTING TRIBUTE TO
    THE PIONEERS WHO BUILT THE RAIL LINE
        AND SETTLED THE NORTH BURNETT

MRS JENNY POTT                        DAVID T FEEZ
HON.SEC/TREAS                             CHAIRMAN

      CERATODUS RELOCATION COMMITTEE
                 13TH SEPTEMBER 1997

 (plaque 2 )
                  CERATODUS    
         WAS OFFICIALLY REOPENED
                             ~ BY  ~

                COLIN MUNRO
                           OF
                ABC RADIO FAME
                         ~ ON ~
            13TH SEPTEMBER, 1997

Bronze plaque Donated By Phoenix Foundry, Uralla

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design