Logan River CrossingPrint Page
|Address:||Mount Lindesay Highway, Tully Memorial Park, North Maclean, 4280|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.784599|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 23rd July, 1978|
To commemorate crossing of the Logan River by the first explorers to traverse this area
Captain Patrick Logan who discoverd the river mouth in 1826 crossed near this point in July 1827 to reach Brisbane after finding the Fassifern Valley and the Logan head waters at Mt. Barney on a walking expedition from Ipswich.
July 1828 explorers, Logan Cunningham, Fraser crossed neat the same place and followed the Logan River upstream. On this trip Logan became the first man to climb Mt. Barney
Donated by Douglas Jolly
Beaudesert Shire Council