Ludwig Leichhardt ExpeditionPrint Page
Stone Cairn commemorates the Ludwig Leichhardt Expeditio,
Campbell Peak was first climbed on the 6th February 1845 by Ludwig Leichhardt. He named it after Mr Campbell of the Darling Downs who gave Leichhardt four young steers and a bullock for his expedition north. Leichhardt allegedly built the stone cairn on top of Campbell’s Peak.
Note : Access to the peak is via private property. For permission to climb the peak phone ‘Cotherstone Station' on (07) 4958 1225.
|Address:||Campbell Peak via Cotherstone Road, Cotherstone Station, Dysart, 4745|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -22.605617|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||06-February-1845|
|Actual Event End Date:||06-February-1845|