Centenary of the 1874 Forrest ExpeditionPrint Page
Plaque commemorates the centenary of the Forrest Expedition. The plaque is mounted on a large River Gum, which has been partly carved away to accommodate the square silver coloured plaque.
In 1874 John Forrest led an expedition from Geraldton, travelling west to east through the arid western centre to the north-south telegraph line in South Australia. The Forrest Expedition, including John and Alexander Forrest, entered the Murchison District and Yuin Station on 9th April. The expeditionary party travelled north, north-east and left the district on the 2nd May at a point near what was to become Berringarra Station.
|Address:||Beringarra-Byro Road, South of Beringarra-Byro Road,1.5km west of Milly Milly Station in the river crossing, Murchison, 6630|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.123889|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1874|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1974|
|Monument Designer:||Geraldton Historical Society|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1974|
"Forrest 1874 Camp 18 Was in this vicinity. Geraldton Historical Society 1974"