Lieutenant James GrantPrint Page
Commemorates the visit to Westernport by Lieutenant James Grant in the brig, "Lady Nelson", and for the naming of Lady Nelson Point
|Address:||Beach Road & Reid Street, Rhyll, 3923|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -38.460831|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
To commemorate the visit to Western Port by Lieut. James Grant in the brig, "Lady Nelson" on the 21st March, 1801 , and for the naming of Lady Nelson Point.
Unveiled by : Sir John Knott, A.C., C.B.E., on the 19th February. 1988.
Erected by the Phillip Island Bicentennial Committee and the Phillip Island and District Historical Society.
An Australian Bicentennial Project with financial assistance from the Commonwealth Government and the Shire of Phillip Island