Captain Arthur PhillipPrint Page
A plaque commemorates the landing of Captain Arthur Phillip on Dangar Island on the 7th March 1788.
Dangar Island’s first recorded visit by Europeans was in 1788 by Captain (later Governor) Arthur Phillip when the Island was named Mullet Island due to the abundance of this fish. Phillip visited twice again in 1789 using the Island as a base for short explorations of the river.
|Address:||Grantham Crescent, Dangar Island, 2083|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.539202|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||07-March-1788|
|Actual Event End Date:||07-March-1788|
|Monument Manufacturer:||Hornsby Shire Council|
THIS PLAQUE WAS PLACED HERE BY
HORNSBY SHIRE COUNCIL
TO COMMEMORATE THE LANDING OF
CAPTAIN ARTHUR PHILLIP R.N.
ON THIS ISLAND ON 7TH MARCH 1788.