Captain James CookPrint Page
Fountain & garden constructed in 1970 by Wollondilly Shire Council to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the exploration of the east coast of Australia by Captain James Cook. A metal plaque is mounted on two boulders in a paved sandstone area. There is no fountain but there is a small garden.
The plaque was stolen many years ago but was recovered and is now in storage. The plaque will be returned to its original position sometime in the future.
|Address:||Market Street & Appin Road, Appin, 2560|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.199444|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1770|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1770|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1970|
THIS FOUNTAIN AND GARDEN
WAS CONSTRUCTED BY
WOLLONDILLY SHIRE COUNCIL
TO COMMEMORATE THE 200TH ANNIVERSARY
OF THE DISCOVERY AND EXPLORATION OF
THE EAST COAST OF AUSTRALIA BY
CAPT. JAMES COOK IN 1770