Henry DangarPrint Page
Monument marks Henry Dangar’s Camp Site.
Dangar who was a surveyor and pastoralist was appointed assistant in the Survey Department and employed in the counties of Camden and Argyle. He transferred to Newcastle to make a detailed survey of the Hunter Valley and for the next two years measured and marked out in the Hunter River and as far north as Patrick`s Plains. He also marked the road from Newcastle to Wallis Plains (Maitland).
|Address:||New England Highway, Dangar Park, Aberdeen, 2336|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.162963|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||01-August-1824|
|Actual Event End Date:||01-August-1824|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 3rd August, 1974|
FIRST EXPLORER OF THE UPPER HUNTER RIVER
CAMPED NEAR THIS SITE ON 1ST AUGUST 1824.
MEMORIAL ERECTED BY
THE RESIDENTS OF ABERDEEN 3RD AUGUST 1974.
PLAQUE DONATED BY
SCONE & U.H. HISTORICAL SOCIETY.