Centenary of Hume & Hovell`s ExpeditionPrint Page
A monument at the foot of Mount Fraser commemorates the centenary of the Hume & Hovell Expedition of 1824.
The explorers, Hamilton Hume and William Hovell, first climbed Mount Fraser on 14 December 1824, and saw Port Phillip Bay. It was called Mount Bland and Big Hill in the past.
In connection with the Hume and Hovell centenary, memorials will be unveiled on Saturday as follows: Broadford, at half past 10 o'clock, Kilmore, at 12 o'clock by His Excellency, the Governor; Beveridge at half past 3 o`clock; and Bulla, at 5 o`clock.
The Argus (Melbourne), 10 December 1924.
|Address:||Beveridge Road, Deloraine Station ,Foot of Mt Fraser, Beveridge, 3753|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.469478|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.