Het Gulden SeepaartPrint Page
|Address:||West Terrace, Pinky Point, Thevenard, 5690|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.144927|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||February-1627|
Het Gulden Seepaart
In February 1627 a Dutch ship "Het Gulden Seepaart" under the command of Francois Thijussen landed along this coast.
He charted the main islands and named them St. Francis and St. Peter. He mapped the coast and called it Peter Nuijtsland in honour of his supercargo
(This plaque has been donated by the Dutch people of South Australia)