Police BarracksPrint Page
A plaque commemorates the 150th year of the construction of the first Police Barracks in Mount Gambier.
|Address:||Bay Road, Mount Gambier, 5290|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.829447|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1847|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1997|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 10th May, 1997|
Cave City 150 1847 - 1997
The first purpose built police barracks at Mount Gambier were constructed on a site near the cave.
Evelyn P. S. Sturt completed the contract by 6 November 1847
The officer in charge was Corporal Robert McCulloch
Plaque unveiled 10 May 1997 to commemorate the 150th year