Centenary of New Lambton Public SchoolPrint Page
A plaque commemorates the centenary of the New Lambton Public School 1880 -1980.
New Lambton Public School opened on March 6th, 1880 with 6 classrooms and a staff of 5. There were 270 pupils enrolled and another 100 expected. Attendance was not compulsory and fees of 3 pence had to be paid fortnightly.
|Address:||Regent Street (Corner Rugby Road), New Lambton Public School , New Lambton, 2305|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.922154|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||06-March-1880|
|Actual Event End Date:||06-March-1980|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 22nd March, 1980|
THE HON. ERIC BEDFORD, B.A., M.P.
MINISTER FOR PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENT
UNVEILED THIS PLAQUE TO MARK
THE CENTENARY OF
NEW LAMBTON PUBLIC SCHOOL
22nd MARCH, 1980
S.B. Jones M.P., D.Swan,B.A.
Member For Waratah Director-General Of