125 Years of Public Health ServicePrint Page
A plaque commemorates 125 years of public health services in Mortlake.
The tree was planted by Nika Cox, the granddaughter of Mrs E.J. Claridge, who was recognised for her work on the committee which raised funds to convert the Mortlake Fever Ward into a district hospital and was at the inaugural meeting held to form the Mortlake District Hospital Auxiliary.
In 1932, she was made a Life Governor of the Mortlake District Hospital and was considered a tireless fundraiser until she died in 1957 and was buried in the Mortlake cemetery.
|Address:||23 Boundary Road, Terang & Mortlake Healkth Service, Mortlake Community Health Centre, Mortlake, 3272|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -38.082685|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||November-2014|
In recognition of the efforts of staff and community members on the 125th anniversary of public health services in Mortlake.
Mortlake & District Historical Society
Terang & Mortlake Health Services