State Archives Print Page
Plaque commemorates the official opening of the State Archives at The Rocks in 1979.
The Archives Office was housed in extensions to the Public Library of New South Wales, which had been commenced in 1959 and included three floors specifically designed to accommodate the new office. In 1976 the Archives Office became administratively separate from the Public Library of New South Wales and in late 1978 moved, with the Records Management Office to a new purpose built archives Building at 2 Globe Street, The Rocks.
|Address:||2 Globe Street, Nurses Walk , The Rocks , 2000|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.860212|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
THE STATE ARCHIVES
COMMEMORATING THE OFFICIAL OPENING
OF THE STATE ARCHIVES WAS UNVEILED BY
THE HON. NEVILLE WRAN Q.C., M.P.
PREMIER OF NEW SOUTH WALES
ON 27TH APRIL 1979 IN THE PRESENCE OF
THE HON PAUL LANDA , LL.B., M.L.C.
MINISTER FOR PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENT
Commisioned By The
Sydney Cove Redevelopment Authority