www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of Shire of MirbooPrint Page Print this page

Centenary of Shire of Mirboo : 14-April-2013
Centenary of Shire of Mirboo : 14-April-2013

Photographs supplied by Graeme Saunders

A monument commemorates the centenary of the Shire of Mirboo.

Mirboo was first incorporated as a shire out of parts of the east and west ridings of the Shire of Narracan and the east riding of the Shire of Woorayl on 13 April 1894. It annexed parts of the Boolarra and Yinna ridings of the Shire of Morwell on 11 December 1916. It annexed further parts of Woorayl on 31 May 1922, and Narracan on 21 March 1990.

On 2 December 1994, the Shire was abolished, and merged with Shire of South Gippsland and most of Shire of Korumburra and Shire of Woorayl into the South Gippsland Shire. 

Location

Address:Ridgeway, Baromi Park, Mirboo North, 3871
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -38.400178
Long: 146.155011
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Monument
Monument Theme:Government
Sub-Theme:Local
Actual Event STart Date:13-April-1894
Actual Event End Date:13-April-1994

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Wednesday 13th April, 1994
Front Inscription

In Commemoration Of 100 Years
Of The Shire Of Mirboo

COUNCILLORS :  
Shire President - Cr. G. S. Roberts
Cr. R. J. Grady           Cr. C. M. Smith
Cr. N. Hewitt               Cr. D. Smith
Cr. J. McCamley         Cr. J. Vanderland
Cr. R. J. Newton         Cr. R. A. Wheeler
Chief Executive Officer - Mr. R. L. Gregg J.P.

Unveiled By
MR. P. McGAURAN M.P
Federal Member For Gippsland
13th April 1994

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design