First Nunawading District Roads BoardPrint Page
Plaque commemorates the members of the first Nunawading District Roads Board
|Address:||1022 Whitehorse Road, Box Hill Town Hall, Box Hill, 3128|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.819206|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
City of Nunawading
This panel was erected to commemorate the members of the first Nunawading District Roads Board.
William Yeomans, Chairman
Joseph Aspinall Patrick Griffin Nathaniel Berry David Houston William Ellingworth Thomas Lavidge Denis Delaney Patrick Trainor
J. Lowrey, Secretary and engineer
The first meeting of the board was held at the White Horse Hotel at the corner of Whitehorse Road and Elgar Road, Box Hill in August 1857.
The Nunawading District Roads Board was proclaimed the SHirte of Nunawading on 9th May 1872. The shire was proclaimed the Borough of Box Hill on 23rd December 1925 and the Borough declared a city on 28th April 1927.