Municipality of Woolhara CentenaryPrint Page
Trees planted by Woolhara Council in 1960 to commemorate the centenary of the Municipality of Woolhara.
In October 1859 a petition signed with the names of 144 interested locals proposed that 'Darling Point, Upper Paddington, and Watson's Bay' be formed into a municipal district under the provisions of the Municipalities Act of 1858.
The Municipality of Woollahra was proclaimed on 20 April 1860 and the first elections were held the following month. The first meeting of Woollahra Council was held on 6 June 1860 in the offices of solicitors Rowley Holdsworth and Garrick in the city.
|Address:||Military Road, Robertson Park, Watsons Bay, 2030|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.843611|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1860|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1960|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1960|