Goolman Divisional BoardPrint Page
A monument commemorates the first services of local government begun by the Goolman Divisional Board in 1880.
The Goolman Division was incorporated on 11 November 1879 under the Divisional Boards Act 1879 with a population of 1542. It was centred on Boonah and its board consisting of six councillors. On 4 January 1884, there was an adjustment of boundaries between No. 2 subdivision of Mutdapilly Division and subdivision No. 2 of the Goolman Division. Initially, the Goolman Division had its office in Flinders (Peak Crossing). However, in 1887, the railway line from Ipswich was extended to Boonah, and the Goolman Division office moved to Boonah.
|Address:||Ipswich-Boonah Road, Peak Crossing, 4306|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.783452|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1959|
The Services Of
First Begun Here
Erected By The
BOONAH SHIRE COUNCIL
STATE CENTENARY YEAR